Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

08's

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  geared_low550 
#1 ·
Thinking of new tow vehicle (then again maybe not)
Test drove a 08 not impressed with the power at all! I can not believe that it is 350 hp and 600 ft torque??
My little 97 pulls my GN with ease but I do not think the new 6.4’s will do what I need.

I wonder how much money you would have to put in a new $50,000 truck to make it run as good as my old truck.
You would think for that kind of coin it should pull like a rocket.

My 2 cent

#7 ·
My dad has an 08' thats bone stock and it will easily break the tires looses @30 mph. been trying to talk him into a tuner:D

#8 ·
I've driven several stock 6.4's, and with the exception of one CCLB with 3.55's, they all ran extremely well. Breaking the tires loose was not a problem at all.

Dave

#11 ·
We have 3 6.4's at work that we received in September 08. Two have 75,000 miles on them as of now. That is not a typo. Two weeks ago they both died on the same day. One broke a rocker arm and the other had a wrist pin walk out and scar the cylinder walls requiring a new short block. I haven't been impressed so far myself. We have 5 more on order so all we can hope is that the failure rate will drop somewhere below 66% as we move forward.

#13 ·
my stock 08 250 sc long bed 4x4 is very quick for a stock truck and pulls my 13,000 lbs of skidloader and trailer with out too much trouble, and gets 12 mpg doing it, and since i hit 5,000 miles fuel economy has went up to 16 -18 empty.
imho i love it and it's twice the truck and motor my 06 6.0 was stock before exhaust and tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.