Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

OBS Cab Back Restore Pics

5K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  CSXPAID 
#1 ·
Got a few projects going on but, I found a box for my truck to replace my flatbed and I had a few other things to do while the flatbed was off, install plate, replace rusted our rear fuel tank with bronco tank, replace blown brake line thats along the framerail by the front fuel tank. I figured since I had to take everything off anyway so i decided to sandblast the frame and repaint it. For paint I used 2 coats of POR-15 and 1 coat of POR-15 Blackcoat, I used a little under a quart of paint per coat. I am really impressed with the way it looks and I even brushed it on. There are also two pictures of the grille cover I bought from TomS. Here are some pictures taken from my phone, sorry about the quality.

See less See more
#5 ·
I will get some better pictures posted tonight

#9 ·
here are a few more pics, a little better quality.
I figure i will get the back half done now, then when I do a intercooler install next year or so I will do the front half.

#13 ·
Looking good!! Did you say that you got a regular bed for it, or is the flat bed going back on?

#14 ·
Regular bed, got it from a local fire department here that put a flatbed on one of their brush trucks, looks pretty much brand new. The box is at the shop now, new paint and line-xed inside.

#16 ·
Still got it, still not sure what Im going to do with it, that thing is f'in heavy though

#19 ·
Cat i have a nice flat bed i will sell ya... its about 2 years old nice heave 4" channel frame, has a head rack and wood floor its got the hidden part for a gooseneck hitch under part of the wood but i havent looked to see if there is a ball in there or not

#20 ·
I probably wouldnt be getting rid of it if I hadnt come accross this box. If i kept the flatbed it would be getting a steel floor instead of wood thou and i nice coat of por-15 too.

#22 ·
and how did you hook up the bigger rear tank. i want to do that when i replace my bed in the spring. and my rear tank is leakin.

#23 ·
For the rear tank I am going to reuse the stock mounts but the metal skidplates that hold the rear tank up are going to be dropped a couple inches by using some c channer because the bronco tank is alot deeper. I will take some more pictures when I get there. The reason I haven't painted the axle yet is cuz I am also going to be making some traction bars that the mounts will be welded onto the axle

Kyle

#26 ·
Very nice looking indeed, I have been wanting to do something like this to my truck to try and tackle it all before it gets too far along.

Are you going to coat the underside of the bed with the Por-15 as well before you reinstall it?

Also, got yerself some nice cub cadets in there. I see a 1650 or so without the side covers and a few 169 or so pulling tractors there too, right next to a set of wide frame rear fenders. Very nice indeed, my dad is a big collector/restorer of those tractors.

#27 ·
Also, got yerself some nice cub cadets in there. I see a 1650 or so without the side covers and a few 169 or so pulling tractors there too, right next to a set of wide frame rear fenders. Very nice indeed, my dad is a big collector/restorer of those tractors.
Im not sure what I am going to do with the bottom of the bed yet, im going to wait and see what it looks like when i get it back the shop

Good eye, that 1650 is another project of mine, going to be adding the front hydraulic ports to it as well as power steering. Replaced the original Kohler K series 16hp with a K Series OHV 18 hp motor thats punched out and has old billet rod out of one of my pullers, give it a few extra ponies. Gonna use that one to plow with.

#29 ·
POR-15 is really nice product for daily drivers. Back when I was involved in a handful of early Mustang restos, it got used a lot. It doesn't really look right when its fresh because it is so black and shiny, but once it has some grime on it, it looks even better. If I decide one day to clean up my chassis, it will be first on the list.

Just don't get it on your hands unless you want a tattoo...LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.