Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Kudos to BWD

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  VanAackenBrosRacing 
#1 ·
Change out my 66 Turbo from Turbonetics to a 70 with a split port exhaust housing, Thanks to Brian at Black Widow Diesel and the folks at Turbonetics. I can say it has made a positive difference in my truck it spools a little better, idle is better and my EGT’s are down 75 degree’s at cruising speeds. It’s even better at WOT by about 150degree’s. Boost is still the same at 38psi and the exhaust drive pressure is at 60psi at WOT so the more volume is helping not sure if I need to go bigger like a 72 or maybe a bigger exhaust housing to relieve drive pressure? What are you guys seeing for drive pressures on a moded 6.0 with big injectors? I am running 250cc injectors and my heads are ported. I still have more testing to do so I will keep you posted.

#3 ·
Larger Exhaust housing will help the Drive pressures, but might effect the spool too much. 250cc is alot of fuel to drive a larger housing...

#5 ·
umm, honestly I'd ask bbunting what he thinks as far as a turbo config if you trust him and you 2 have been brainstorming on this :shrug: Just my advice though. He may already have something in mind just in case. Who's 250cc injectors do you have?

#7 ·
I have tried a 66mm with a divided .70, a full port .80, a divided 1.0...then I tried a 76mm with the divided .70, and then the 1.0 divided.

The bigger the housing got, the worse the spool-up.

Just to give you an idea...with the 76mm turbo and the 1.0 divided housing, I was still at 1550*F at 100 mph and climbing.

I have worked out a deal to swap out the 225's for 190cc injectors. I think it's the only way I will ever be able to pull a heavy trailer.

#8 ·
Extended- I thought I read over on CompD that the 66mm was really working out for you and at the track...what happened?

#15 ·
Try the 315/75\r16 that should help with the drive pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.