Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I Am Going For It

3K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  gregrob 
#1 ·
I am going for it. Screw it Go BIG or Go HOME!!! I bought the turbo the other day and I am going to be getting some stage IIs this week. I am getting the BTS put in on the 14th. What do you think I could run in the 1/4 mile with tunes that are not crazy I would say a tune that is pushing 365 or 370 at the wheels? I cant wait for this. I have not seen my truck since December 29th 07!!! I just cant wait to see what this truck does after I get this stuff in it:ford:. Fun Times!!

#2 ·
Anybody know of a Dyno in the Chicagoland area that I can get my truck on after I get all this put in? I wana see what the damage is.

#4 ·
:eek: I can hear you're PMRs screaming like the Munchkins did when the wicked witch of the west showed up.

#6 ·
Tick.......Tick...........Tick..........:eek:

#7 ·
Screw it Go BIG or Go HOME!!! I am going to be getting some stage IIs this week
Why not just get some stage 3 hybrids- you can always tune down but if you get II you cannot tune up:shrug: JMHO, If I wanted the stage 2 power I'd get stage 3s and have them detuned that way if you ever decide to go bigger, say you build a motor and want more power, then you aren't out $$$$ buying another set of injectors all you need is new tunes. Again, that's just my opinion....and everyone else's opinion before everyone got skeered of blowing up. I look at it like this- stock motors blow up to :shrug:

#9 ·
Go for rods for sure!!

#10 ·
I am getting to good of a deal on these stage II thats why I am going with them. I know I need rods but That is in the time to come. I dont here the rods screaming yet but as soon as I am home putting them in I can see myself hearing it.

#12 ·
I'm kickin my ass that I never got Hybrids from the start, I have 2's now and I want/ need more power. If you're anything like the rest of us, you'll be pulling the 2's and going bigger before too long. Hybrids and forged rods and you'll be one happy dude!

#13 ·
Those rods I need to wait for a while. I dont have the time or the friends really around here to help me out with pulling the motor and doing the work to it. I also dont have the money to send it out and have it done. And yes they are no fun slow the truck has to be faster. Its been this same set up for over 2 years now. It got old over a year ago.

#16 ·
You'll be spending a little more time working on it if the rods go. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

#17 ·
The funny thing is I bet there's an extremely good number of completely stock engines that's done that to rods to- every time you start a motor, any motor, you risk that ;) If you're skeered sit on the porch and watch :hehe:

But with that said it's you motor. You'll be putting more stress on it trying to keep up with the bigger injector'd trucks than just going bigger. Here's another option- save the injector $$ and when you have enough, $3499, call DI and order a shortblock. By the time you have it broken in you'd have time to save for bigger injectors :shrug:

But as I said....it's your motor...I just think everyone is freaking out for nothing because of a few motors blowing, but that's just my opinion :shrug:

#15 ·
A set of factory forged rods is like $500 bucks from DI, unless you wanna build your motor the hard way, I'd hold off on the injectors and turbo until you have forged rods. When the rods go, they take a bunch of stuff with them. You might be rolling the dice every time you start your truck with the added power. Just my $0.02

#18 ·
Easy devil... think about it first, think about it again, then write the check... it is easy to say," I won't run it hard. " It is something else to do it..

#19 ·
I have thought about it time and time again. I am going to go easy on the tunes.

#20 ·
Just out of curiosity, whose tunes are you planning to go with?

#23 ·
I think he knows the consequences just let him run what he wants. He's been on here long enough to know that with those mods that the rods will hate him but o well. Cut em' some slack.

#24 ·
It's so much easier and a hell of a lot cheaper to pull the motor and stuff some forged rods in it.

#26 ·
I do agree with you though, thats what I would do if I were in that situation. Physcostroker had some forged rods pretty cheap.

#32 ·
kinda, I have seen a few 80e pmr's go but then again haulin horses ran his on an 80 e flashed pcm for a while..he did go to a forged rod block latter on but still had his old one..I would ask him if his was tuned for pmr's or just a stock 80e.

if it was me I would be saving coin for rods .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.