Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New scorpion diesel.

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  fxdwgi 
#1 ·
I was woundering if any one has any info on this new engine as far as what kind of turbo system, fuel, engine design and what not. Thought i would ask here because this is the newest engine forum.

#3 ·
It is supposed to be like the small duraturds.

But then again, it is a secret still so they could be feeding us a line.

I sure hope the flux capaciter heads work out.

#4 ·
yeah i heard about it, it supposed to be a 6.7L and have more than 390 horsepower and 720 lb/ft of torque. and heres the great part, it's supposed to be made in Mexico....actually that might be a problem haha

#7 ·
390hp is a bit underpowered...the new Dmax for the 3/4 ton and up trucks is supposed to have like 400+ with 700+ft/lbs....Of course you never know what they're gonna do until they show us what they've done.

#8 ·
I just dont get it, Why does ford continue being the under dog. Started out with a 7.3 and just let it die. Next we go down in size to a 6.0, to small to do the job with ease, and the current 6.4. A little bigger but not that much, at least it has common rail. Now a 6.7, WTF. Couldnt thay have stepped up and used a 7.5,7.6,7.7,7.8 or even a 8.2L size. I know that there is all the emission requirements but I dont see how taking a small c.u. engine and running the piss out of it makes for less emissions and better mpg. I sure hope they did their homework on this one because bowties and goat trucks seem to get all the good engines.

#10 ·
That's what I was just getting ready to post. Oughta make upgrading to twins a little easier. :D

#12 ·
The 6.4 available through Navistar (the MaxxForce 7) does not have twin turbochargers, only a single turbo by Borg-Warner. Look HERE. The MaxxForce 5 does have twin turbochargers though.

Dave

#14 ·
Aren't the new D-maxes supposed to be reverse flow too? It's kinda odd how they're all so in-line with each other when coming up with new stuff for their engines....>..>

#15 ·
I seen it in a dyno room, but all hooked up and the dyno room door locked. The upstream engineer that I talked to said it was in the works since '05.

That is all I know at this point. I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything concrete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.