Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Got no love for Obama?

4K views 57 replies 23 participants last post by  Firehunter 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I got no love for every political thread,...every term,...around this time,...it's clinton, bush, reagan, obama, perro, blah blah blah blah blah...

I don't think people realized how much it sucks to see that half the active topics,..are about more political crap..

I wish all sites had places SPECIFICALLY FOR POLITICS,....for those of us that don't want to read about it, or see a thread about it.

Sorry man...that's just me.

#6 ·
That link made my day....I'm getting an F barack bumper sticker.

#15 ·
So you voted for Kerry? Or the rich son that had his daddy squeeze him into the TX National Guard so he could avoid the draft for Vietnam? Of course he also went AWOL for a time.

http://www.hereinreality.com/commander.html

My point being that one's war service is probably not your main consideration.

You should research McCain's time as a POW. There is a reason that he said he was ashamed of his actions as a POW.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcprsrel.htm

#18 ·
Reading that you'd think McCains ONLY experience in the military was being a POW. :rolleyes:

He just signed up and went to POW camp.

Pretty good diversion though for the other candidates questionable experience with the military.

#21 ·
I have come up with a brilliant idea for a new anti Obama website... it will just be a contemplation of factual articles and videos, plus, the really name I came up with for the site would make for great bumper stickers and T-shirts, best of all the URL is not taken yet :D

#22 ·
WTF is it that people like about Obama anyway? Obviously the liberal media has made him a star overnight, but WTF makes him qulified to run the country? Have any of the liberal morons actually looked into what he stands for? How about how many times he has switched his stances? How about all of the lies he comes up with? Are they that fockin retarded?

btw Suns- Whos fockin side are you on anyway?

#24 ·
Did anyone every see were MADTV and or Sat. Night live made SOOOOOOOOO much fun of Kerry for being a WAR HERO

I laughed and laughed until my eyes drained all my tear glands.

#28 ·
#35 ·
HAHAHA! That's funny as chit right there!
LOL!

#46 ·
Mud, you are correct regarding one single aspect of my political stance. I do believe in the richest nation in the world that all legal citizens have a right to basic health care. I've explained the reasons why in the past so no reason to go over it again but I do feel it is completely congruitous (sp?) w/ my own personal strict Constitutionalist interpretation of the basic rights that our Founding Fathers intended for every American.

Resist the urge to demonize an individual by one single characteristic or belief that may be different than your own. Try and recognize that we all have had different experiences in this world and this leads to differences in our opinions. It's easy to paint others as simply "wrong" but sometimes others are just "different". Neither right nor wrong. When you approach different opinions from this perspective you are better able to listen and learn, even if you never agree.

Either way, I've officially learned my lesson. I'm done discussing politics on this board. I always try and really listen to what others have typed and try and understand their perspective but I'm beat back w/ a lot of nasty name calling and unneccessary rudeness. It's just not worth it.

I do understand something better about how we are controlled. They simply start w/ our deepest fears (i.e. terrorist, lack of moral character) and they play on our desire for quick answers. All they have to do is throw out a few nasty things about someone's name, a bit of a phrase that was uttered, a vote, etc... and these ideas send many Americans into so much fear they refuse to open their minds. Combine it w/ the huge demands on our time, the entertainment available to us, and our general lack of reading comprehension skills and it works out perfect for them. And they control us.

They did it to McCain in 2000 (remember the rumors that his dark skinned adopted daughter was a love child from an affair and Bush refused during a debate to acknowlege that this was not true?). They did it to Kerry (a proven war hero was cast as dishonest and it was funded by those who had $ to gain by W's reelection). Now they are doing the same to Obama w/ his name, etc...

Hey I was on this political board and a real interesting discussion about hopping up diesel pick up trucks got started. My true love! Think I'll check it out!

Have a great day guys!

#49 ·
Mud, you are correct regarding one single aspect of my political stance. I do believe in the richest nation in the world that all legal citizens have a right to basic health care. I've explained the reasons why in the past so no reason to go over it again but I do feel it is completely congruitous (sp?) w/ my own personal strict Constitutionalist interpretation of the basic rights that our Founding Fathers intended for every American. !
Well we have to disagree. Lets be specific. Constitution does not speak of health care but lets except your premise for the sake of your statement. Even if it did speak of basic health care being a right it in any way it by no way brings with it a promise of it being given to you or anyone else. To do that the Govt (which you say you dont trust) would have to take resources from another citizen...by force. Is the pursuet of it through hardwork and sacrifice protected? Yes. Receiving it because you simply exist as a US citizen...no. That is where you step away from strict Constitution interpretation on all your left leaning points.

Resist the urge to demonize an individual by one single characteristic or belief that may be different than your own. Try and recognize that we all have had different experiences in this world and this leads to differences in our opinions. It's easy to paint others as simply "wrong" but sometimes others are just "different". Neither right nor wrong. When you approach different opinions from this perspective you are better able to listen and learn, even if you never agree.!
I think you need to reread your statement and maybe look at yourself also.

Either way, I've officially learned my lesson. I'm done discussing politics on this board. I always try and really listen to what others have typed and try and understand their perspective but I'm beat back w/ a lot of nasty name calling and unneccessary rudeness. It's just not worth it!
I do understand something better about how we are controlled. They simply start w/ our deepest fears (i.e. terrorist, lack of moral character) and they play on our desire for quick answers. All they have to do is throw out a few nasty things about someone's name, a bit of a phrase that was uttered, a vote, etc... and these ideas send many Americans into so much fear they refuse to open their minds. Combine it w/ the huge demands on our time, the entertainment available to us, and our general lack of reading comprehension skills and it works out perfect for them. And they control us.
I agree there is a group of people that only watch a few news programs and that their totallity of information gathering. However, I think they are insignificant in numbers and have been around and will be around fore ever. But I dont believe (and I may be alone in this thinking) the majority of us are "controlled" as you put it. Especially those of us that live our lives to be independant. Those that are dependent on Gov are controlled ....by their choice.

They did it to McCain in 2000 (remember the rumors that his dark skinned adopted daughter was a love child from an affair and Bush refused during a debate to acknowlege that this was not true?). They did it to Kerry (a proven war hero was cast as dishonest and it was funded by those who had $ to gain by W's reelection). Now they are doing the same to Obama w/ his name, etc...!
Come on man there you go again. There was plenty of evidence against Kerry from his exagerated statements of US soldiers acting like butchers, to throwing his (actually someone elses) metals away, to his accounts in the service. Honestly I've seen more of this coming from Hollywood, Democrats, and the Main stream media against Conservatives but I get your point.

I agree to many folks get away with lies like Michael Moore and other Hollywood Limosine liberals have and are doing. But the majority of folks of this Country usually can decipher between made up stuff and actually facts. The internet has made that possible and recently I've seen a lot of the liars get called to carpet...Just ask Dan Rather among others.

Suns,
You can play the role of the only open minded person that just wants to hear both sides but most of your claims and statements show your disdain...hatefullness to our President.... Not a problem but dont expect not to be called out on it. I've also read where you've attacked a poster with insults to his Christian stance calling him dispassionate based on his belief of how to help the poor being different then yours. So dont stand to high on your indignation.

Your choice to or not to post is supported...its your choice. Honestly Others and I've tried to further engage in your debatable stance on topics but you refuse to move forward on anything you were called out on. Except through some unsupported statement that you throw around as fact. Along with statements that "you dont have to do the research for someone else".

I like engaging you in forum conversation but dont expect to be allowed to make statements on the premise of fact and not be called out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.