Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

84 Year Old Guy Shoots Punk

918 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  MudSouth 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Good for him. A center mass shot would have been better but I dont know if this guy would have been able to live with himself. He seemed very reluctant to shoot in the first place.

Bay St Louis to Waveland got hit the hardest by Katrina so I know they have been through a lot. I use to camp at the park their in Waveland. It was ashame how all that was destoyed. This state made me proud in how they handled it compared to ...other areas...thats why they didnt get the media attention they should of especially since thats where the eye of the hurricane actually went over.

I 'll tell you more and more states are allowing their citizens to arm themselves and enacting laws that protect those citizens from being sued or prosecuted like the Castle Doctrine.

However, they need to step it up on the charges for this guy though.

#6 ·
Firing a blind round through the top of the door is not a good idea. You have to think about what is BEHIND your target if you miss. What would happen if he'd have fired a chest high shot straight through the door, missed the intruder and shot into someone's house across the street? Think people, guns are only as safe as the person shooting them! He did the right thing by firing towards the ground imo.

#7 ·
Think people, guns are only as safe as the person shooting them! He did the right thing by firing towards the ground imo.
Agreed.
I think were saying more so that its too bad it didnt take him out all together. Personally I would have stepped back and let his a$$ come flying into the house before I blew him away because I would be using my shotgun not a hand gun. I only take the handgun outside the home.

The old guy could have just told him he had a gun and the coward probably would have ran off...if you really want to be safe.

#8 ·
If anyone is interested or is debating with an anti gun person that guns arent used often for self defense. This site gives a list of news articles from around the nation where someone has defended themselves from an intruder.

Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the list "operation Self Defense". Its the type of stories the press is hesitant to tell.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/

#11 ·
How bout you stand on one side of a wall and i'll shoot through the wall with a .45 fmj and we'll see if it penetrates. you game?

Seriously though, im about tired of all the rambo wannabe's saying that they'd put 2 in the chest and 1 in the head of an intruder. Bragging about that is just retarded and your even more retarded if you've shot someone and brag about it.

Im not anti guns by any means, I have guns in the house and several loaded. Hell i live behind a bank, so if someday it does get robbed and they (bad guy) come through my door looking to hide i can defend myself. I only hope that the sight of an ar-15 is enough to deter them so i dont have to shoot. I dont care how much of a scumbag they are, i dont want that on my conscious the rest of my life. worst comes to worst i hope i dont freeze and i can get the job done.

#15 ·
Seriously though, im about tired of all the rambo wannabe's saying that they'd put 2 in the chest and 1 in the head of an intruder. Bragging about that is just retarded and your even more retarded if you've shot someone and brag about it.
Rambo wannabe's?? Who said they wanted to get into that situation. Where is there bragging?

I think what usually is said is a tongue and cheek reaction...a blowing off of steam based on the frustration and anger felt because of the crime these days. Forums like this are about the only place folks can make those comments and not fear being accused of things or being called names....well most of the time its not. Also the only person I've read that actually shot someone was stating it in a discussion. The specifics were only brought out after several people kept asking about it. I definately didnt not see that he or anyone was bragging.

I dont care how much of a scumbag they are, i dont want that on my conscious the rest of my life. worst comes to worst i hope i dont freeze and i can get the job done.
Agreed, I think most everyone feels this way but should not have to make that statement everytime they post.

Really I think you need to lighten up a little bit its just guys messin around and having some fun and being able to say things that usually cant say outside a forum without being taken too seriously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.