Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Where to live?

8K views 115 replies 39 participants last post by  DSTRBD 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about a new place to live. If and when the house sells here in TX, my wife and I are not sure where we want to go. We are originally from MN and love it there, but the taxes and liberals are just ridiculous. We want a nice place to raise our family so good schools are a must. Im not looking for 20 acres, but a few would be nice. We also like the northern region so no southern states please. Any suggestions?

#8 ·
colorado or northern new mexico, if you like mtns and hunting?

#10 ·
Colorado.

And the liberals here aren't too bad as long as you stay out of Boulder.

Good schools too.
Aint that the truth!!! But Colorado is a good choice too!

Montana is also awesome. spent several years there too, and i miss that place. if i could here would be my choices of places to live, in order.

1. Montana
2. Alaska
3. Idaho.
4. Washington
5. Oregon
6 Colorado

I have settled on Washington, which is no biggie, im close to 4 of the states i want to live.

#11 ·
Not much into hunting, but I plan on it. The NW region is where we were kind of thinking as well, Idaho actually. Taxes and cost of living seem to be pretty low. Man, Im tired of giving money to the state/govt. I have been to northern Idaho (Coer d'Alene) and thought it was absolutely beautiful. I will have to look into Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, and Washington as well.

#12 ·
DSTRBD,

I grew up 30 miles east of Couer d'Alene and i absolutely love it up there. I will be living in Spokane which is only 30 miles west of there. Great area up there. And having the lake right there is also good to have. lots of good areas for camping and fishing.

#13 ·
Don't care where you go...just quit taking up valuable space in Texas :poke:

My x-wife lives one neighborhood from you. I hate going to pick up my kid now...don't know how y'all deal with that 249 traffic.

#17 ·
Come to Florida.... your allowed to shoot illegal imigrants.... or what I call "floaters" but you have to be at least nine miles off shore and don't tell anybody, sharks take care of the rest.... come on Nate I know you wanna

#19 ·
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma....LMAO!!!

Nate understand how you feel, I am seriously thinking about running for Mayor of Tulsa--I hate the B#$CH that is in there. They spend money on the stupidest things and we are #1 in the shattiest roads in the unitedstatesofmeximerica....

Rant over. Idaho Wyoming area does sound nice....maybe Nebraska...Look into Nebraskas politics--it will shock you if you already dont know.

All I know is were ever you move dont vote obama:poke: JK I know you wont.

#22 ·
Montana is normally a Republican stronghold, so that might be a place that warrants an asswhoopin on site if u mention his name.

Jackson Hole is nice, but if u want a reasonable place to live, dont move there. Very expensive to live there. And u want to stay in the Northern Part of Wyoming if u consider Wyoming, the Southern part of the state isnt all that great.

All u southerners afraid of a little snow and cold???? u bunch of candy a$$es!!!!! I prefer the winters up north, at least i can put clothes on to get warm.

#21 ·
I thought Tomball was a hot market right now, Nate. Is it that hard to sell a house out there ?
Seems like everyone I talk to is interested in moving that way.
I'm trying to move south....I'd like to be on the water somewhere.

#74 ·
Some of the suburban areas can be nice.... only north of Orlando, like leesburg and fruitland park, Lake county, and they call it lake county for a reason, My grandmother paid 180k for a 3/2 brand new house on 1/4 acre in a very nice neighborhood within 150 yards of the lake, with the neighborhood has its own private dock. But Otherwise I hate orlando.... mainly because of the traffic and crime.

Also Nate.... now that I think of it, we hav a 1.25 acre lot for sale in rainbow springs estates, which is a deed restricted community, very hilly, wooded, back of property backs up to a county owned retention area/ natural area, and one side of the property is owned by the county too, other side is a lot... Front of the property is on top of the hill... and located right off of HW 41 (and just a short 10 min ride to DJ's shop) and it is only 3/4 of a mile from the Rainbow springs state park (life guards are pretty hot there :D) where you can go swimming, tubing etc... and the golf course is there too. Free lot prep by me included with the property ;) asking what we paid 60k

#28 ·
It is high there, Garrett. I haven't been in a couple of years but I spent 4-5 years in a row going to Hawaii for 2 weeks every 6 months.
I'd live there in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

#33 ·
#34 ·
I don't remember your house being that big, Nate. Then again the only time I was there was after that all night trip back from Kentucky we made....I might have been out of it when I saw it.

I'm trying to keep her thinking that I'm poor..she finds out I live there I'll be back in court within a week. :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.