Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Ford Diesel 6.7L

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  clayc_989 
#1 ·
High Every One,

New guy to this site. Live in Penrose, Colorado and a diesel nut for 27 years.
Enough about my self ....

Just out today, July 23rd, 2008. Ford released information on there new 6.7 liter Diesel for there Super Duty's.

390 HP, 720 lb.ft. torque. It has reversed intake flow through the valve covers with the exhaust going directly to the turbo in the valley. Improvement of 3 MPG over the current 6.4. Now this is not a Navistar, Ford is ending the contract with them, or rather not renewing. This is due out 2011.

Thanks John
See links to articles ....
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-scorpion.html
http://www.truckblog.com/story-2099...iesel_engine_to_hit_superduty_pickups_by_2011

#2 ·
Good Evening,

New member to this site from Penrose, Colorado. Diesel nut for over 27 years. Enough about me .....

Just found out today that Ford has released as of July 23rd, today, the information on the next Engine due out 2011 in the Super Duty!

It is called the Scorpion, 6.7 liter that has the same technology as the new and up coming Duramax. It will have 3 mpg over the existing 6.4 with more power, 390 HP, with 720 lb. ft. torque. Reversed intake and exhaust through the valve covers. This is not a Navistar, but I believe Fords own engine. They are not renewing the contract with Navistar.
Here is a link to one article out of two that I have read today.
Spied again: Ford tests ‘Scorpion’ 6.7-liter V8 diesel
Truckblog - Ford ''Scorpion'' 6.7-liter V8 Diesel Engine To Hit SuperDuty Pickups By 2011

Thanks John

#8 ·
Reversed intake and exhaust through the valve covers.

What is this^^^?

Copy and paste the link from the address bar of the article and paste it here, then it should show up.

And welcome to the site! :D

#17 ·
My understanding is that to meet the 2010 emissions many motors will have to run Urea AND the DPF. Urea takes care of NoX while the DPF takes care of PM.

Cummins has already said that the 2010 ISB that we use in our small Kenworths will use Urea.

That is some serious HP.

I think that any modern engine solution should have built in from the factory a means to run multiple fuels. WMO, WVO, etc... The proper filtration, etc...

#18 ·
I have always dreamed of a motor that had reversed flow heads. It seems to me that since heat rises, why in the world would you want the air/fuel mix to be introduced in the area of the most heat.

#19 ·
Sounds interesting.....though they'll have to fix that over hanging hood....it's fugly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.