Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Another Set of Twins Completed

5K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  NyCowboy87 
#1 ·
Yep just buttoned everything up yesterday afternoon and took it for a drive. Runs awesome and seems to be pretty responsive but I desperately need to have my chip re burnt. Oh and the sound is just sweet, people look at it like wtf?

Ill get some pics after work.

Jake

#2 ·
Sweet!

Didn't you use a stock turbo for the second stage?

#10 ·
Well I kind of been looking around and taking notes on what sizes everyone else has for their setups. I know I wanted to move a lot of air at a low pressure and I had this on the shelf off the tractor so I decided to try it and it seems to be working good. As far as gates it has been good so far. 50lbs at the manifold and about 12-13 on the first stage. The only thing I want to change is the 2nd stage. that stocker kind of makes me nervous and I know it dosent spool like it would with a bb drop in.

#14 ·
Is your exhaust running outside the frame.

#15 ·
Yep had to no room to keep the ac and everything and run a 5 inch pipe out of the turbo between the evaporator core and manifold and no body lift really makes it hard

#16 ·
That's cool looking, kinda feel bad for your poor stock charger! :pointlaugh:

Where did you put your batteries? And got any pics of how you routed that downpipe?

Dave

#17 ·
Um batteries are remotely mounted in the tool box on a nice tray and hold down I fabed up. Ill have to get some pics of the downpipe.

#19 ·
Got any pictures of your battery setup?

Tom

#23 ·
Yep I have a cooler on the first stage. Injectors are 275's with .012 nozzles and Ive been able to get 50lbs out of it easy enough but it is moving a $hit load of air.

Ill get some pics of the batteries.

#25 ·
are you not worried about the exhaust between the stages from flaking and tearing up a turbine wheel? i always use stainless in pre-turbo applications

#26 ·
that is a cool set up. Great job. looks good I like the idea of utilizing the stocker for the time being.

#28 ·
Jim, no studs yet just a carefull right foot.;)

urbanwheeler, I was thinking of that but when I was welding it nothing flaked or peeled off the pipe. If it was going to flake my assumption was it would have done it then. I guess time will tell and it will most likely get revised when I go to a different 2nd stage.

Cracker, where in florida do you live. You might get to see it sometime I'm down south at my grandparents near Sebring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.