whats the best way to block the egr cooler off? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:08 AM
stroker_1999
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

whats the best way to block the egr cooler off?

Hey guys gotta take my truck in on friday I think I have a blown headgasket.Puked 3times no white smoke runs good so im guessing thats what it is.But whats the best way to block the egr cooler off so it doesnt puke after I get studs?And thats not to much money but will work good is elite diesels upipe with the block off plat any good?I saw the one on www.http://firstcoastdieselperformance.com/ but I really dont wanan spend that much money on it so hope you guys can help me out on this thanks

Mbrp Turbo Back Exhaust Cat Delete, Muffler Delete, 6Inch Tip,SCT Tuned By Eric,AFE Stage 2
Arp studs
Egr Junk deleted
Water Trans Egt Boost Fuel Phantom 2
Airdog 150, dozer diesel stage 2 RR, Fuel sump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 06:12 AM
HarleyEdition78412
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: whats the best way to block the egr cooler off?

If I was you I'd either talk to Dennis or call up Tadd from Elite. It seems that Elite is the company that has the most products for the 6.0L in my opinion, not sure why. Guess maybe other vendors will start catering to the 6.0 crowd eventually...maybe...possibly I definitely wouldn't drop $840 + 2 core fees for what you posted the link to Just my opinion
Regulated Return fuel kits- Dennis@ Sinister Diesel

ENOUGH SAID
Old 07-22-2008, 06:41 AM
darsey715
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

I'm sure Adam would sell you just his up-pipe for a price that is competitive with elite's. If you are not looking to do an entire cooler delete then the up-pipe should be enough to take care of your needs.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Smokin Stroker
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
I'm sure Adam would sell you just his up-pipe for a price that is competitive with elite's. If you are not looking to do an entire cooler delete then the up-pipe should be enough to take care of your needs.
what is the differance between the up pipe mod and deleting the whole cooler. because i plan on doing this to mine when i do the head studs which is going to be soon. and i want to do as cheap as i can
5 inch miter cut stacks
afe intake
water meth injection (removed)
4 10 inch subs under back seat
flip out tv
11 trumpet 250 psi train horns
3 5 gallon air tanks
Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 AM
darsey715
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Stroker View Post
what is the differance between the up pipe mod and deleting the whole cooler. because i plan on doing this to mine when i do the head studs which is going to be soon. and i want to do as cheap as i can
well the op has an 06 and he has a scoop in the up-pipe that he needs to get rid of to make the mod worth while. Whereas our up-pipes don't have scoops, we have dumby throttle bodies, so we can simply block flow to the cooler and that will drastically reduce chances of a cooler failure. of course, the best thing to do is remove it or pull it and block both sides off then reinstall. So, if you wanna go the cheapest way, I'd just block the exhaust side of the cooler off.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Abrannan19
Proud Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyEdition78412 View Post
If I was you I'd either talk to Dennis or call up Tadd from Elite. It seems that Elite is the company that has the most products for the 6.0L in my opinion, not sure why. Guess maybe other vendors will start catering to the 6.0 crowd eventually...maybe...possibly I definitely wouldn't drop $840 + 2 core fees for what you posted the link to Just my opinion
do you read before you post? where the heck did you get 840+ 2 core fees?

630 is the shipped price for FULL egr delete..includes intake manifold and solid up pipe.

I will sell just the up pipe..all the prices are listed on the website..

if you have anymore questions please feel free to PM me.

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford
Old 07-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Abrannan19
Proud Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker_1999 View Post
Hey guys gotta take my truck in on friday I think I have a blown headgasket.Puked 3times no white smoke runs good so im guessing thats what it is.But whats the best way to block the egr cooler off so it doesnt puke after I get studs?And thats not to much money but will work good is elite diesels upipe with the block off plat any good?I saw the one on www.firstcoastdieselperformance.com/ but I really dont wanan spend that much money on it so hope you guys can help me out on this thanks
link was wrong..
Old 07-24-2008, 04:58 AM
strokin76
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

New here, so if I JUST block the exhaust going into the cooler, I don't have to do anything else and this will help dramatically without lights coming on???
Old 07-24-2008, 05:02 AM
darsey715
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin76 View Post
New here, so if I JUST block the exhaust going into the cooler, I don't have to do anything else and this will help dramatically without lights coming on???
It will help dramatically, IMO. CEL might come on.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
lubeowner
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Do this to your egr cooler. It will help if your cooler breaks also. It is free and does the same thing as any deleter kit.

We build Powerstroke pulling trucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 97
03strokergavin, 04 stroker, 123rday68, 1999F350, 250HD, 96 stroker, 99 7.3, 99coalroller, 99F250Smitty, abianca99, bambamx, BIGJOSH, birddog55, bismic1, BMac, brickhead, cager24, cantrellc123, chris41, clayc_989, colekym, CooterBrown, Cowboys_Stroke05, darsey715, dblamp, Deerezilla, Extended Power, fandini, forddieseltweek, FRUITBOY, FT30FC, FTG-05, fuekear, Gollonbait, GotRox, Greasy7stang, gtmustang00, GTPaul, hawkeye, Hawnpowerstroke, Haze08, HeavyAssault, heavymetal1, holeshotdiesel250, Hoss, humbucker311, IH_deere_slayer, iracemx6, ironworker25, jdc753, Joedog, jvfurm, kyle43335, LRTMatt, lubeowner, Marty, maverick, mikesilvereagle, muddy650, nchappy, new2deisel, nhf250, niptuck, Nutz, OneStockQuik6.0, paranoidredneck, patchzx7r, PGreenSVT, powerjunky, protraxrptr17, PSD Trav, PSDnate, rdr99, red_93_l, RIDEDIRTY, RIGROCKET, rob10970, RSP, shu873, skylinedan, slowleak, smokey bronco, Smokin Stroker, Strictly Diesel, StrokerTurbo7.3, stroker_1999, strokin76, Tinscout, WAO Racing, william_04_x, w_huisman