Feul system? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke - Aftermarket & Performance
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 AM
BlueOvalDiesel
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Feul system?

Hello guys i have a few questions on what fuel setup will be best for me.

Truck is an 04 getting 155cc injectors and egr delete right now. Other than that stock exhaust is straight piped and i have the blue spring installed. I don't have any tunes on it for the moment more looking into making the truck reliable first. Reason for injectors is i had 4 that went bad.

I have read about the fuel system options and it seems like there is a lot of routes i can go. I have read some say you need a RR and some say you don't. I have also seen fass or airdog supplying the stock pump. And the ones that are completely aftermarket.

Now future plans for the truck include studs, coolant filter, feul system, ecm and ficm tuning and possibly a mtw stage 1 turbo. Probably wouldn't go bigger on injectors any time soon.

I want the truck to be reliable and not trash my injectors. I would really like to do away with the stock filters. But i also don't want to spend a whole lot of money. Would i be able to do a low pressure setup like fass or airdog and the rest stock and be fine? And if i have that and leave the rest stock can i delete the stock filters somehow? Im not a big fan of the stock setup. And with that would i have to run a sump or larger draw straw?

Also i was trying to look for a good writeup on a diy system but couldn't find anything that was real detailed. I think i want to do diy cause of the failures i have been hearing about fass and airdog motors. Also those things are expensive lol

Just trying to figure out whats all out there and what i need. Thanks
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Justin@DP-Tuner
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Re: Feul system?

The kit that we carry is the cleanest kit out there in my opinion. It is the Driven Diesel's Regulated Return. You can check it out HERE if you are interested.

Shoot me an e-mail or PM if you have any questions or are looking for more.
Like us on Facebook!
828-221-0076 ext.804
justin@dp-tuner.com
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM
06VT365
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

I would do RR for sure.
If you do an afternarket pump, do a sump kit too. Seems to me that the pumps have less issues on trucks with a sump, easier to pull fuel.

Fass and Airdog will get rid of the lower filter by replacing the pump there. I'm sure you can get rid of the fuel bowl up top too, just gotta figure out how to connect to the RR kit from whatever pump you run.

Dozers Diesel has a full kit with sump, aeromotive a1000 pump, fuel/water seperator, fuel lines, and RR for about $1k. You could call them and see about removing the upper fuel bowl.

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
BlueOvalDiesel
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Is it completely necisary to do a RR? I really don't feel like droppin a grand right off the bat. Can i get away with just a pump then later do a the RR? I would like to do it in steps. Hoping someone posts up some of the diy setups. thanks.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
stoker04
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Whatever you do DO NOT buy anything from Dozers Diesel..
Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 AM
06VT365
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalDiesel View Post
Is it completely necisary to do a RR? I really don't feel like droppin a grand right off the bat. Can i get away with just a pump then later do a the RR? I would like to do it in steps. Hoping someone posts up some of the diy setups. thanks.
No it's not necessary. You can always add it later. It is a good mod for longevity of new injectors though. You can run all stock with 155's and be fine. If it was me I would do the RR before a pump if I had to choose between the 2.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 AM
19stroker97
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

If you're planning on deleting the fuel bowl then the strictly return isn't gonna work for you, although I agree it's the best looking kit out there. If you do decide you wanna do it all at once and not have to worry about the thinking part of it then just call Jake at Irate Diesel. He can fix you up with everything you need.
Thanks Jake: A1000 fuel system - PowerStrokeArmy

If you decide you want to do it yourself then I would just get a sump with your stock pump, or an AD150 sumped feeding your stock pump, and then you could make your own rr return and get rid of the fuel bowl. Remember though if you delete the fuel bowl you should add a 2 micron filter somewhere to replace it. That will feed your 155s just fine. There's tons of options though, and everybody will have different opinions on each one. It all depends on your price range and creativity.
My DIY fuel pump and filter set up. - PowerStrokeArmy

Last edited by 19stroker97; 01-31-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Spelling

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 70
'94IDITurbo7.3, 02POWERSTROKE7.3, 06kingranch37, 06VT365, 19stroker97, 494doug, 6.0lover/hater, 6.9to6.0, 6litrestroker, 96powerstroke7.3, 97crewstroke, Big-Stroke, Blubaugh24, BlueOvalDiesel, boostintalon, brc51o72, cgp182, chevyeater351, cjetcat, datsun510dad, Dirty outlaw, dits145, DSGDB6.0, ernieb143, FASSAshley, fassgene, firedriver19, greenbeast, HankyD, harleytruck3392, HeavyAssault, Heavy_Duty, Hunter'97, island8, Joedarr33, JonnyB, jp115, Justin@DP-Tuner, klinker010, loc0gring0, MARKCORE, mastrkee, meanfarmer, Mikeysford, miller45103, Mud digger, noclaf86, Nutz, OCstroker, pizza pig, polish pete, Powerstrokinfirefighter, PScompGenius, PSEhouston, racinboy18g, RyanG85, smallb69, snopro_03, southernfourbyfour, stoker04, Stroken6.0, surfdunn, survivalsquid, TimmyNiewald11, tlbailes, tojo32, what a mess, wisp625, wyoradcat, Yotalac