Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

7.3 5r110?

42K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Cat_Rebel 
#1 ·
can you put a 5r110 in a 99 7.3? and if you can how hard would it be to do an also how hard would it be to build it up to handle 450 hp?:evil

#5 ·
I was thinking about that same combo at work today :evil

#8 ·
If you really want a 5R110 I think in the end it would cheaper and less of a headache to get the 6.0 and 5R110 out of a donor truck with all the stuff you will need, wiring, PCM, misc, and put in. I also like the way the 5R works behind a good 6.0, they do drive nice.

#10 ·
The problem lies in the simple fact that you not only need an adapter plate but you will also need a PCS controller & to program it. If any of you rode around in a 4r100 truck with a PCS properly setup, you wouldn't feel the need for anything else. They will downshift/upshift/lockup/unlock how ever you want them to whenever you want them to.

#11 ·
The extra gear would be an added bonus. But making it work would be a pain in the ass.

#15 ·
Several have tried. I don't know of anyone who continued using the 5R110 with a PCS after a spell.

#14 ·
sounds like it could be a big pain in the ash but would it be worth it bc i hate the way my truck shifts now and i drove my uncles 6.0 and it shifts like a dream and always pics the perfect gear i think any way

#16 ·
i dont see the point.. lots of 6.0/6.4 guys are trying to goto the 4r100 because the 5r doesnt hold.

#17 ·
so should i just build up my 4r???

#19 ·
Bts 4r100 done and done

#20 ·
ok id realy like that fith gear bt o well thanks guys

#21 ·
any body know anything about redline diesel?

#22 ·
5th gear OD in the 5r and 4th gear OD in the 4r are the same final ratio so your rpms at speed will be the same. i think they split 2nd and 3rd gear with a 2.5 gear in the 5r.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.