Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1972 Power stroke 6.0 483 rwhp & rising

64K views 173 replies 85 participants last post by  rowin gearz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A few of you guys wanted it so here it is, a new thread for my project 6.0.

This is what I started with as a body...

This is what I started out with for the running gear...

Starting to come together... I had to shorten the ext cab long bed frame for the reg. cab setup.

There was almost no room in the cab as a reg. cab, so...

I bought a 1972 crew cab cab(title goes with the cab hence 1972 truck), streched it 10 1/2" in the rear doors, added super duty handles, and replaced the frame with one from an '05 V10 CCLB. Yes, you read that right, '05. I swapped over the spring, shock brackets, and it worked fine. All the '99-'04 CCLB frames at the wrecking yard were tweaked.

Along the way I added prototype DDP injectors, Phat Shaft turbo, ARP's. custom fire rings, Snow water meth, SCT custom tune, 4" downpipe to 5" straight pipe, AFE Stage II intake, Suncoast trans. w/ hi-stall ATS 5 star converter, Auto Meter Cobalt gauges, 180 GPH FASS system, and a few other proprietary things to make 483 rwhp on the dyno 2 weekends ago. No accurate torque reading yet, engine was twisting in the compartment too much. We'll try 'er again at Bully Dog next weekend and keep you posted.

t's also got 22" Eagle black chrome wheels wrapped with 37" toyo M/T's and a 6" Fabtech lift. way more to come when I get the time and money. I'm looking to name it. Anyone got any good suggestions, even you hecklers:ford:?

Yes, I know it's not done. that's why the door panels suck, just so you know. Enjoy...

See less See more
#8 ·
Dude that truck is the jam, I love it. Awesome build!!!

#16 ·
That's simply amazing. I would be proud to have a truck like that.

If you don't mind, how many hours did you put into this project?

#19 ·
Very, very well done.....if half the stuff on tv resto and rebuild shows was that cool, i might actually enjoy them. You should be proud.:bowfast:

#32 ·
I actually met with Wayne last year with intentions of doing an article on the truck and took some of the photos he's posted here. He wanted to wait until the truck was converted into a 4-door before I did anything with it.

And hadn't ever heard back from him. I was really surprised to see he had it all done at our recent dyno day. I would definatly like to run a story on this truck :ford:

The pics don't do it justice

#26 ·
Only way it could be better is if it were a '77, j/k:D Can't hate on a truck that looks that good. I like the SD door handles on that truck. Thinking about it doesn't seem like it would work, but seeing it it actually looks good.:ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.