Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Another OBS with Superduty seats

6K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  3-StarJ.R. 
#1 · (Edited)
#12 ·
Another option for buckets that worked well for me is out of a 2000 f-150 super crew.

Didn't have to do any fabrication work. I jst had to bend the mounting brackets to fit the contours of the floor plan, re-drill the holes, and use spacers under the brackets of both seats that mount on the tranny hump.

#4 ·
It was very much worth it. they sit taller and a tad more forward but are much more comfortable then the vinyl bench seats i had. If you have a welder and a grinder you can do it how i did. I spent about 3 hours tossing ideas around and probably 2 hours on the actual install. The hardest part was making sure that they are absolutely centered and how i want them. I wish i would have taken pictures of the whole process but didnt have my camera on me at the time.

#14 ·
I only did the fronts, the color and pattern of the fabric is so close unless are looking for it you don't notice the difference. Would have done the rear bench but have yet to figure out exactly how the fold forward tracking works on on the supercrew seat. Need to look at a super crew to figure it out......

#15 ·
Man I like the S/D seats ,My obs seat just needs the back rest fixed(think the lumbar is broke out) and the bottom cushen restuffed the previous owner was a bigger fat ass than me........ Hence the door hinges needen rebushed and the seat rebuilt. Good info .

#17 ·
humm those super crew seats look like you sink in vs the SD seats...

#19 ·
No, they are very firm. the side bolsters make the drivers seat fit like a glove. Can't tell you how good they are on long trips. I travel in my work and average 600 mile round trips home on the weekends. I bought the truck new off the lot with the factory front bench. these seats made it a new truck. My bony "ole" butt has thanked me for a couple of years....:smirk::smirk:

#20 ·
:O what about the cup holder? in the pic it only looks liek 1

#21 ·
there's two there, both are in one big oval, one large one and one smaller. Also kept the one that hooked on the front of the bench seat.....with four now I can find one empty one occasionaly that ain't filled with all my junk!:pointlaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.