Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4" lift with 35" tires - MPG

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  STROKIN N STYLE 
#1 ·
Right now I am getting 20 mpg with my totally stock 1996 F-250 4x4 regular cab. If I add a 4" lift and 35" tires, how far will my mpg's drop? I am hoping not more than down to 15 mpg. If I were to add a tymar intake and a 3" down pipe leading out to dual 6" stacks, could the mpg increase?

#3 ·
Look to lose at least 4 MPG with big meats and a lift.

Get intake and exhaust improvements for other reasons. They will not help you MPG. That's gas engine thinking.

20 MPG is very good for your configuration.

#8 ·
A couple of weeks ago I drove about 165 miles (nearly all highway) and hand-calculated just above 18.5mpg. This was with me babying it as much as possible and keeping the speed between 65-70mph.

With "normal" driving (75ish mph on the highway) with a mix of some city driving, I have been averaging about 16mpg on a tank of fuel with my setup.

#9 ·
my sister has a 96 ex. cab long bed with 3in's and 35's with a manual and it gets about 15-17 on the interstate, and its stock other than exhaust, but were gonna change that pretty soon..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.