Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Oil in exhaust

873 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
I had a 4" MBRP exhaust installed on my 03 7.3l auto wed and on Friday I noticed there is a couple drops of oil where the turbo down pipe goes into the first piece of straight pipe under the truck. My truck only has 150k km (90k miles) and was all stock with the exception of a wix air filter upgrade and the CCV mod. It does not burn blue at anytime and might use 1/2 qt between oil changes. I took off the air filter and looked at the turbo intake and tried to see if there was any play in the bearing but it is pretty hard to tell with two fingers. Is this normal?

#4 ·
It will look like that because the soot from your exhaust is mixing with the oil on the pipes. I thought the same thing when I first got my exhaust installed.

#5 ·
When I installed mine did the same thing. Its a oil coating they put inside the pipes, just give it a few days to completely burn off. If it still happens after while i'd be looking at other issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.