Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

prayer for my dad

3K views 51 replies 28 participants last post by  blk99 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hey guys, my dad lost his job last week and on top of that today someone (dont know who) took $1K out of his bank account.... he now only has $63 dollars to his name.... and beyond that my mom is being a b!tch and I dont know what is gonna come of that....also, because of this, we are about to loose the house that we built and loose all but one vehicle (the PSD) and the 5er....

it has been REAL rough around here and he never seems to get a break....like the saying, "when it rains it pours", well it is deffinatly pouring....and I am trying my hardest to help him but I just dont make enough....

I know he would really apppreciate your prayers...

***EDIT****
talked to Mikey and he said he would give me permission to put a paypal up for any donations...

I dont like asking for money and stuff but anything would help...

email is jjsteele55@yahoo.com

thanks in advance guys...
~Jim

See less See more
#2 ·
My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong and don't give up.

#3 ·
very, very sorry to hear of this jim, this is a very tough time in the whole country. the bank will release the hold on his account quickly, most of the time within 48 hours. unless there is weird circumstances when they do their investigations. try to help out the situation with your mother and father, reassure them, and tell them that there are many of us here that are praying for you, and your family, i wish the best for you, your mom, and dad. Darren

#6 ·
thanks guys...

update, it was the people that have the loan on the house that took the money so there is no getting it back... they still want more... and why they left that little amount I am not sure, but am very glad they left SOMETHING...

:( sad day...

#13 ·
Hang in there! I'll say a prayer for your parents, but be sure to encourage them all you can. Even a simple word or two can make all the difference in hard times.

#18 ·
Prayers are with you and your family. I know how financial challenges can tear you up, and how it can affect relationships. Hopefully your Mom and Dad can hang in there, because it will get better. They just have to cling to each other and remember that having each other is what is really important.

None of the stuff matters if you don't have your family to share it with.

#19 ·
Jim.
Sorry to hear this. You guys are in my prayers.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#20 ·
That really stinks to hear, you and your family will be in my prayers. Stick in their, sometimes things work in mysterious ways and hopefully it will all work out for the best.

#21 ·
Jim,

Sorry to here man, I'm pulling for you guys...

What does your dad do? Might know someone or somebody else might...

#23 ·
Hang in there, My family will keep yours in our prayers. Just let you parents know that God is always there and will answer prayers. If there is anything us guys on the east coast can do, let us know.

#26 ·
Hang in there buddy, I know how it is, I HAVE been there, I have even managed to hold a $.15 balance in my account before. My dad is a land surveyor, and he is down to working maybe 1 or 2 days a week, so your not the only one in the boat. My family's problem is we are land rich and money poor, but selling our property is not an option in this market, all it wouldn't even get rid of the payments. Just hang in there, and remember, you always have your friends, and your family.

#27 ·
Let me know if you guys need any help with anything, its not a very far drive from me to you.

I'll be sure to keep my ears open for any job openings. We deal with alot of contractors in this area, something might come up. It's just sorta crappy for everyone in the construction field here right now.

#28 ·
Hang in there Jim. You're in our prayers. Things will get better. Sounds like, with your dad's background, he should be able to pick up work to keep paying the bills until a good full time position comes along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.