Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Glock 21

7K views 104 replies 32 participants last post by  Cat_Rebel 
#1 ·
Thinking of picking up a Glock 21 or the 30. Anyone here have one, do ya like it? Whats the avg price for a new one, ive found online they are about 575ish

#5 ·
The new G21SF is not nearly as bulky, but is still almost exactly like the G21, but easier to conceal. For my money the best Glock made is he 19. Prices varie for your area & ya might want to check into seeing if you qualify for Glocks Homelands Security discount, it drops a G19 down to around $389. Stay away from 40 caliber Glocks, they have un supported chambers & tend to go KaBoom!!

Ya might also want to check out the XD45, its a really nice pistol,

#13 ·
The new G21SF is not nearly as bulky, but is still almost exactly like the G21, but easier to conceal. For my money the best Glock made is he 19. Prices varie for your area & ya might want to check into seeing if you qualify for Glocks Homelands Security discount, it drops a G19 down to around $389. Stay away from 40 caliber Glocks, they have un supported chambers & tend to go KaBoom!!
Ya might also want to check out the XD45, its a really nice pistol,
that looks like a 21.
21 is a .45.

on edit it does appear to have a 21 on the slide and a box of .45 ammo in the pic, maybe rampy is off his meds again.

#10 ·
I would have two say the 36 is the best for the Glock series. Being at least 1/8 or more slimmer then the others it is nice to carry for the daily grid. Another one you should look at is a Para-ordance LDA. or the CCW. Very very nice gun with a sweet double action trigger you wont see anywhere else.

#14 ·
I love my Glock model 27. .40 cal S&W, thats enough for me and all Michelle can handle safely.

#15 ·
It is a Glock21 that KaBoomed, all calibers of Glocks have KaBoomes but the one Glock that has a way WAY better track record when it comes to blowing up is the G19 due to a supported chamber. Glocks in 40 S&W are the very worst when it comes to blowing up. Does not matter what model Glock it is, the 40's have a unsupported chamber & for whatever other reason they go KaBooom way more.

The Glock 21SF is a really sweet pistol for a full sized Glock.

Just remember:

#16 ·
It is a Glock21 that KaBoomed, all calibers of Glocks have KaBoomes but the one Glock that has a way WAY better track record when it comes to NOT blowing up is the G19 due to a supported chamber. Glocks in 40 S&W are the very worst when it comes to blowing up. Does not matter what model Glock it is, the 40's have a unsupported chamber & for whatever other reason they go KaBooom way more.

The Glock 21SF is a really sweet pistol for a full sized Glock.

Just remember:

#18 ·
I love my XD 40 cal.... the nice thing is that you can get just a barrel for the 40 and convert to 357SIG with no other changes. Nice when 357SIG ammo is so pricey you can practice with 40 for much cheaper. The trigger pull is a bit longer than a glock but the 1911-style grip safety makes the gun safer since it is safetyless like the glock. The XDs also have the rail and the streamlight laser/flashlight combo looks at home there.
Find a range that has rental guns and try em both out.
Matt R

#22 ·
Your trigger finger is the safety....:blah:

Plus the trigger on the XD is the worse thing on the face of the earth. They SUCK. Now, if you have a friend that can smith a 3lb glass trigger for it, you are golden but the reset still takes a bit to get use to, it is really long.

#20 ·
I have been banging away with my G21 for the last 13 years without any problems other than one I created. I reload all my own ammo and I had a squib while in a GSSF match. I did a tap-rack-bang and had a bullet stuck in the barrel from the squib. The second round pushed both bullets out the barrel(both in the A zone) and bulged the barrel locking the slide in the battery position. The Glock armorers inspected it and pulled the barrel out. Nothing was wrong with the slide or frame but I had to buy a new barrel which I did on the spot from the armourers and was back in the game.

I have herd of them blowing up but this is the first one I have seen. I am in the firearms accessory business so I see a few guns pass my way.

If I had to choose one gun from my safe for self defense it would be my G21. Even over my HK USP40, Kimber and 1911 race gun.

FWIW, I would not worry about the G22 or G23 and the unsupported chamber unless you are trying to make major with it. I have never seen a .40 blow up that was running standard .40 ammo. I have only seen them go boom when guys were trying to make major or very hot loads with a factory barrel. If you get a fully supported barrel like a Barstow installed you can do just about anything with it. I make major with my G22 with a Barstow barrel and never even have to worry about case length when I reload.

Keep 'em in the ten ring

#32 ·
Glock 21 here. Fired off several thousand rounds in the last year or so without a hitch. Damn thing feels like an extension of my arm its so comfy in my hand! It is a bigger gun for a bigger hand though. Might be tough to conceal if you are under 230 lbs or so.

#33 ·
Glock vs the world threads are as much fun as TN vs Garrett and Stealth vs Termy threads.
Did I mention I love my 29:poke:

any gun is only as safe or as good as the person holding it.

#39 ·
HK USP40 is what my wife carries. It is a fine weapon.

#41 ·
Howard,
I didn't realize you were this much into guns, we would've had even more to talk about down in Bakersfield! I've been shooting IDPA a number of years. I assume you must shoot USPSA/IPSC? I've only shot one IPSC match, but I may shoot more of them since it is a lot more popular than IDPA around here.

My favorite carry gun is a Para-Ord P10-45. It's nice and compact (although a bit heavy since it is a steel frame), and I can have a 16-round backup magazine. If I can't solve it in 37 rounds of 45 ACP, then it's time to get a long gun ;)

I used to carry and shoot 9mm (and still carry it on occasion). One thing which nudged my to the 45 was a discussion with a friend who was involved in the Somalia incident (from the movie "Blackhawk Down"). He was a Ranger, shooting 9mm. With him were several Delta guys shooting 45. He said that it was very noticeable how much quicker the bad guys were incapacitated with the 45's. He said it took 2 or 3 shots from the 45s to do the work of 5 or 6 9mm's. This was inside buildings at very close range. IIRC, he said both were using FMJ ammo. He pointed out that while the Delta guys are obviously well trained, his group of Rangers were particularly well trained and good shooters, so shot placement was not the difference.

I have a friend who carries two Glock 21's every day. He outweighs me by at least 100 lbs, so he has more area to hide them!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#42 ·
If all you had for ammo was FMJ, 45ACP is a no brainer unless you are worried about body armor/thick clothing. Luckily us civilians have access to the best performance ammo today. A lot of technological advancements in ballistics efficiency has gone into the 9mm platform over the last 7 years. If our military could use what is commercially available today(why they cant is bullchit) I would bet that the 9mm would not be discounted as inferior to the 45ACP for the use in a deadly weapon by those dutied to enact such a force. I carry my 9mm and I feel just as safe with it than if I had a .50 S.W. Well maybe.:D Even so, the 9mm has been around forever for a reason, as it works, and it works well.

#43 ·
There are too many incidents with a bad outcome for the good guys involving 9mm rounds.
You can talk about shot placement all day long and woulda, coulda, shoulda, but try telling that to the bad guy that is all doped up. It does good for him to feel it hit much less incapacitate him.
I deal with many many officers and some of my best friends are in law enforcement, none of them will carry a 9mm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.