Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ts4 chip check engine light

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  skylinedan 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a ts4 position chip for my 2000 F250. After installing the chip I kept it in the first position (stock mode) and my truck felt bogged down, the high idle mode felt fine, but the tow mode and increased HP mode 75hp made my check engine light come one. Does anyone know why this may have happened??

#3 ·
I found out it is burnt for a 99 F-250. And I have a 2000. So its not for mine. The chip seems to work but the service engine light comes on. Also how do these chips make your truck smoke? is it more fuel? Asking because the 75hp on my truck does not smoke at all but this may be because it is not programmed to my perticular truck.

#5 ·
I found out it is burnt for a 99 F-250. And I have a 2000. So its not for mine. The chip seems to work but the service engine light comes on. Also how do these chips make your truck smoke? is it more fuel? Asking because the 75hp on my truck does not smoke at all but this may be because it is not programmed to my perticular truck.
Wrong question to ask...............

#6 ·
yes connection is cleaned very well definatly took my time cleaning it. WRONG QUESTION TO ASK? basically asking cause my buddy has the same truck with the same mods and chip and his truck smokes pretty well. So I am wondering if this is good my truck is not smoking, or if maybe the chip is not fully communicating with my truck. New to the diesel worlsd so I am trying to pick up as much knowledge as possible

#7 ·
Why did you make two posts on the same subject?

Smoke is bad because people use it maliciously for "fun" and it makes us look bad. More and more attention is being brought down on diesel trucks because of people who think smoke is cool or funny, it's neither. If you are looking for smoke, go somewhere else. Smoke is the ricer equivalent of a wing on a 4 door Honda. It is not a measure of anything except a poorly running, poorly setup truck, unless it is full on competition and needs to spool to light the fuel. I gauruntee I can spank you or your buddies truck in a smokeless tow tune.

#12 ·
He'll yeah..my truck smokes like a train...740hp 1128 ft/lb of tq smoken up a f***** cloud..we are diesel enthusiast..i am very passionate about these trucks...no matter the brand..don't belittle a guy whos looking for some simple answers. I'm sure he could give to f**** if your "well running" truck is smokeless
By the way.. if I wanted something quiet and tuned I'd buy a ricer! If thats your opinion lose the truck and get a honda. And I assure my "poorly running, poorly setup" truck will drag your "good running, good setup" truck into to two broken down pieces. Get real...do the research..

#8 ·
Like I stated I am new to the diesel community so this is all new to me. Not really looking to make this a pissing contest, as I was more asking a simple question that seems to have had a simple answer. I was more wondering if truck was not smoking because the chip was not fully communicating with the computer, or maybe my chip does not have as big of a tune as his.

#9 ·
Like I stated I am new to the diesel community so this is all new to me.
Then pay attention to what people here say and dont get hurt when you dont like the way information is given to you, it's free, from people with experience who are under no obligation to you.

Not really looking to make this a pissing contest,
What pissing contest? You mentioned smoke, were told it was a bad thing to ask about, asked why it was bad, and I clarified it for you. The performance diesel community does not condone smoke on the street. Smoke does not equal performance.

I was more asking a simple question that seems to have had a simple answer.
Is it simple? Do you KNOW what the problem was?

I was more wondering if truck was not smoking because the chip was not fully communicating with the computer, or maybe my chip does not have as big of a tune as his.
Big of a tune? What is a big tune? What size injectors do you have? What size are his? Who wrote the tunes on his chip? Who wrote yours? Are both trucks same year? do you boht have same tranny? Go to the top of the page, read the two sticky threads. Don't make double posts on the same exact subject. You can get help here, but double posting is not the way to do it.

#10 ·
You are correct I did ask about these things. But I didnt ask if you could beat me with a smokless tune.... The double post was a simple error on my phone. You also didnt have to answer to both posts. But hey thanks to a couple great guys on here I got the (simple answer) to just have it re burned to my truck. This would ensure my trucks runs great. But hey thatnks for making a simple answer into rocket science...

#13 ·
Wow the public pool just opened up late in the season.

All the ricers are real quiet i evered heard.. Esp since the usual mods consist of some trash can fuel tip and an intake.

If your truck really has 740 hp and was tuned proprely i bet it would make even more or at the very least have less egts. Thats not belittleing anything , it is just the fact that tuners have learned more on milking power

#17 ·
You dump too much fuel in it and the turbo needs time to catch up, thats what you get. We dont encourage smoke, thats just how we are. I can make mine smoke like a pig if I run my 140 tune and get under the turbo bad enough. I understand what the original OP was asking, he assumed his truck and his buddies are close to same, his buddies smokes, so why doesnt his ? Its like they said, not the same truck, same tuning, injectors , ect. Use your head not you ego, you,ll get farther in life.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.