Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Continued issues

13K views 157 replies 34 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
As many of you know I have had several issues with my truck since installing a bunch of parts from DI, namely New MM injectors, fuel system along most of the other items in my sig.

Long story short I have had a few problems with ICP pressure right from the get go, I was having a hard time getting more that about 1500# icp with the truck ever since installing everything, so I had the dealership install a new HPOP and IPR and replace the injector orings. After still having problems we finally narrowed it down to the injectors, so at David's request I pulled all the injectors and sent them to industrial injection. After talking with Cody from industrial injection I was informed that the injectors were totally worn out on the oil side, and that my warranty wouldn't cover this, mind you these have less than 3000 miles and were new Alliants to starts with. Cody said it could have been from contaminated oil but my Blackstone report showed the oil to be good. I am not sure what to do or think at this point.

How could you wear out a set of new injectors in less than 3000 miles?
anyone ever hear of this??

Thanks,

Tyler

See less See more
#5 ·
I think he agrees that it seems wierd that my injectors had that much wear after just 3000 miles. We both agreed that it seems wierd that my old injectors lasted 170k without problems but some how the new ones die in ~3000 miles.

I think that they were bad from day one. Perhaps I got some remans instead of the new ones I ordered. The injectors were dropped shipped to me from industrial injection. My 38R didn't even begin to clean them up on any setting other that tow. Which led me to check my ICP. Which was low. The HPOP, ICP, IPR, and injectors o-rings were replaced and I continued to have problems, and can't get more that ~1450# ICP in any setting... That is what lead us to sending the injectors back to industrial to get checked out..

I am sure that David will chime in before to long...

#8 ·
My experiences with II has mostly been good. I did buy a turbo that didn't perform as expected. They were very aware of what I wanted. We made another deal and they took it back. I bought the K31 at that time and it was more than expected. After they got the other turbo back they said they needed another $200 because the journal bearings were worn bad and had to be replaced. This turbo didn't have 500 miles on it. If my engine had enough trash in it to ruin a turbo in 500 miles I would have thought after another 40k miles and 50+ hooks it would be dead.

Something sounds funny?

#95 ·
One point I didn't mention was that when I recieved the $3600 K31 and mount kit It didn't run 20 miles before it started puking oil every where. I had to pay shipping both ways to fix the turbo that didn't have the snap ring seated and pushed out the seal.

#12 ·
I know its not David's fault. He didn't build the injectors..

#13 ·
As crazy as things have been at II I could see them getting swapped by mistake.

#14 ·
How crazy have things been at II?

I really think this is probally what happened. I just want to get some new injectors. The reason I bought NEW ones instead of remans was because of the warranty. But Cody from II claims now that my injectors will not be covered.

#16 ·
I have no clue... good question... and thats the question im tryin to find an answer too.

#18 ·
Who installed the injectors and what did they look like when you got them? I also have faith that this will be resolved properly.

Tom

#20 ·
I installed the injectors myself along with all the other mods, this is not the first set of 7.3 injectors i have installed though. They appeared clean and new however wouldn't remans look this way also... I assumed they were new injectors as thats what i had ordered.

I hope its resolved properly and quickly as this is my daily driver and i need my tow rig back asap...

They were doing some moving to a new building.
Hmm interesting....

#22 ·
You need to pull them and let David take care of the matter with Cody from II. That's between David and Cody, so I would not get involved.

Sounds like you found the problem. Good luck Tyler!
Joey, they are at Industrial Injection now. David asked me to send them in about a week ago. I talked to Cody on Friday he told me they wouldn't cover them under warranty.

#24 ·
Cody said the Oil side was worn out and that they don't cover that under warrenty..

I have talked to David.. He made it clear that he wants to get this taken care of promptly..

#26 ·
Ya i couldn't get any icp remember ~1400-1500#?

They claim it was dirty oil. It was changed directly after injector install, and by sacramento Ford before the 3000 total miles i put on them.

#28 ·
If you had Blackstone oil samples, particularly several of them to establish a trend, then Industrial is going to have a hard time claiming it's your maintenance habits that caused the issue. They SHOULD eat the cost and ship you the NEW hybrids that you ordered from David in the first place.

As far as the warranty, unfortunately they can just decide to not honor the warranty. Even though they are new Alliants they aren't really "new" (as far as Alliant is concerned) because they have been taken apart and mod'd into Mini-Me's. At that point Industrial is the warranty holder and can choose to tell ya to go pound sand if they so decide.

Be that as it may, I would do as Joey says and talk to David directly. David sold you the injectors and I'm sure he'll take care of ya, at least he has always had excellent service any time I've dealt with him.

#29 ·
Just FYI yes I am looking into the matter and feel the same way as others.
How can that much damage happen in such a short time, you would think that kind of oil contamination would take the rod, main and cam bearings out as well.

#30 ·
David read my earlier post about the turbo deal I had with them. I feel the same way.

#31 ·
If you have the blackstone reports , it does show
good maitance habits..blah blah ,blah.

but eventually if pushed small claims court will handle that.
that is clearly a defective set.

sucks that Di got caught in the middle , but good too.
if it was one user you get the quick go pound sand answer..if it is a major repeat purchaser.
go pound sand does not fly. Di has a rep to uphold and if they can't provide quality parts he (di) may have to look elsewhere.

That being said, it would be interesting how this turns out, That is crazy risking your name over a questionable set of injectors. Right or wrong is the Bad PR for Industrial worth it
..not to me . Makes me not want to have anything from them (Ind Inj).
just reading this.

#33 ·
Looks like you simply got a set of Alliants that were sh*t.

I personally got a BRAND NEW set one time and after the truck ran like crap, they were torn down (oilside only) and the tolerances were such that it seemed the guys building them are simply unaware of what matters and what doesn't. That or it's just blind fate that they usually work and they don't check at all.

They weren't "worn" out IMO. Sounds like you didn't have enough "under gap" and at least one was bottoming out the armature and not letting the poppet seat...... pissing away all of your oil.

That's what you normally see when a properly setup injector does that after many, many, many miles. Like in excess of 150,000 or double that.

Or, you can create the exact same scenario by setting them up wrong and have a brand new injector that's garbage.

This is why when people say "I only run NEW injectors" I laugh.

By the way, all of that is simply my usual nonsensical rambling.

#34 ·
We stopped selling other's injectors for this same very issue. I had some 24valve injectors go bad within days, and so did a few others. A bad batch was released but nobody wanted to admit fault. Of course we warranty on the spot and ask the questions later to get people back on the road, but my message to you manufactureres is this: STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR DEALERS! If it wasn't for us you wouldn't even have a marketplace.

Hope they do what is right.

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
What does a pop test have to do with the poppet?

Do you get that? I hate wanting to stay civil and then getting some SA comments.

There wasn't anything inherent in your initial question itself that was SA. It's just that at this point no matter what you write it's going to get stupid because I'm fed up with you.

I guess that means I hate questions.... :doh:

#55 · (Edited by Moderator)
What does a pop test have to do with the poppet?

Charles, could you please answer this for me. I have no idea what does on inside my injector. Nor how they are setup. All I know is Cody claims all 8 of them are D.O.A.

Thank you,

Tyler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.