Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

coolant leak driver side 2008 6.4

36K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  johnnyroastbeef 
#1 ·
on the radiator driver side it is coming down the shroud . when i look up there is white stains under the top hose but not directly under it is 6 inches down. i just changed the oil 2 days ago then cleaned under the hood w degreaser so the white residue may be from that. it leaks directly onto the bar then to the ground . the coolant level is not low yet. i have 60k miles on it and called the dealer to see if it had been replaced or was covered under powertrain warranty. they said no. could the top hose leak and not hit till 6 inches down then only go behind the shroud ? is this a common problem? i looked on ebay and noticed that the radiator is 600 up so i hope it not to common as i wanted to put 300k plus on it

#3 ·
I had the same sort of problem, I got 69000 miles. It was my radiator, it was covered under warranty, but I had complained before about a leak that they couldn't find, so maybe that's why they covered it..

#6 ·
My bottom hose leaked at the connection(orings), they replaced it under warranty.

#15 ·
bottom hose was leaking from the driver side? i thought the bottom hose was the pass side? i just bought my truck last week check up and down for no leaks and today from the driver side radiator area its leaking!? i hope its not a radiator im gonna check it out when i get home. thank god its 26degrees outside

#7 ·
The new upper and lower hoses have double orings for a better seal. First Ford found the uppers leaking at the t-stat housing, then they found the lowers leaking at the split between the two halfs of the lower hose center bottom of truck.

#10 ·
mine was leaking at the lower connection to the water pump, when it leaks it drips onto track bar then to ground if it leaks bad enough... maybe check there? I just had to replace the o-ring but its a PITA to get to it there.

#13 ·
I feel your pain. I finally got tired of messing with it and bought one of the aftermarket ones. It came in yesterday. Since it is such a PITA to do, I decided to go ahead and replace all the hoses, belts and thermostats at the same time. Luckily I have my own man cave with a lift and plenty of beer. Just pulled it into the shop, put it on the lift and am draining the coolant. Guess I will hit it in the morning. I guess I really can't complain too much. It has been a great truck except for this.

#18 ·
I have the same problem and have been adding coolant, and its leaking from the driver side. I have 137,000 miles on the truck. How hard is this to change out yourself in the driveway? I have put everything else on the truck just never done a radiator.

I have heard that Mishimoto is coming out with a one piece unit.

#19 ·
mine is leaking too from the top radiator hose. dealer quoted me $550 to replace upper and both sections of the lower hose and includes collant system flush for about $550 total. I don't know what they really include in the "flush," could be drain and fill for all I know, but I will inquire when I drop it off this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.