Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

how many miles on a 6.0 ????

32K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  TCNashville 
#1 ·
ok is there any high miles on anyones 6.0 in here or do ya throw them out at 100/200k ???oh ya what kind of $$$ do u have in it too keep it going???

#2 ·
I know of a few high mileage 6.0's anywhere from 250k on up to 500k

The 500k mile truck has had zero issues except for a ball joint replacement

#4 ·
135k on mine, one injector(knock on wood)

#6 ·
The owner of hagerstown tire has a 2006 6.0 with 50,000 miles. The turbo, intercooler, 2 egr coolers, a oil cooler, a bunch of injectors and some miscellaneous sensors have all been replaced under warranty. It only tows occasionally and is bone stock.....

#9 ·
1 more. A local contractor has a 2004 6.0 in a dumptruck (so it is worked hard). 60,000 miles, bone stock. Transmission, transfer case, two sets of head gaskets, a turbo, several egr coolers and lots of injectors have went bad, so far the only thing hes paid for is a starter though. I can give you a bunch more horror stories and im sure other members on here can too but there are a decent number of success stories too so idk..

#14 ·
160k on mine, a few minor problems, but nothing is going to be totally trouble free when you work a truck like I do. Alternator and FICM went out, but not really fords fault, I had a malfunctioning plow that was pulling 270 amps when it tried to lift. It was a brand new plow that had major issues and after the season ended back at the dealers because it was a pos. Other than that, balljoints, but it wouldn't matter what emblem was on the hood when you plow 20 acres every time it snows

#15 ·
a friend of mine has an 03 with 652+ thousand on it, and has never had anything done to the engine except for routine maintenance.

his 06 on the other hand is on it's third engine with only 120,000 on it, and is starting to leak coolant again. he figures ford will be putting engine #4 in it within a month

#18 ·
My Dad's 07 is at 102K, its had a few little things so far, but all under warranty.

#19 ·
i have a 05 6.0 bought in end of Feb. with 173k miles on it and bone stock..... with in past 7 mos of ownership....EGR valve and cam sensor, oil lines feeding injectors cracked, injector #2 went out, replaced all the u-joints, radiator, fan clutch, EGR Cooler and last HPOP. everything under warranty except EGR Cooler, but still paid a lot out of pocket since the warranty only wanted to put on cheap Japanese parts. It only has 180knd some change right now.

#23 ·
548k on one had a motor swap at 200k due to lifter failure, still have the motor could easily be repaired we just swapped motors due to time limitations, So almost 350k on this motor, Had to do gaskets do to a failed oil cooler, egr has been deleted for 150k studded, never done anything to the transmission, transfer case, one set of bearing and a ring gear in the rear axle at about 450k, 2 injectors in 350k miles, only use motorcraft filters, and delo oil, changed every 10k miles on oil and 20k on fuel. Elite diesel tow tune. Original steering linkage one set of ball joints and maybe 2 sets of brakes, Truck cleans up like a new penny and drives like a 50k miles truck!

Travis

#25 ·
168,000 no problems except a ficm last year. Deleted egr, new oil cooler and other upgrades at 156,000 bone stock and running right up to that.

#26 ·
I had the odd 6.0, a good one. 05 2wd 4dr with utility box. I took it over as a service truck with 90k in late 06. I did marine service and repo all over east coast. Head gaskets and studs at 150k. Injectors and erg delete at 200k. Trans at 225k. I did all the work myself. I quit the job in 2013. The truck had 380k. A close friend of mine took it over when I left. It has 420k now and still works everyday. Bottom end, turbo, and rear diff are still original

#28 ·
Mine is a 03 with 286xxx. Had stock hgs til 260ish then i decided to start throwing injectors turbo and tunes at it. Then i studded with new gaskets.... its had 2 oil coolers starter and of course the other routine stuff that you expect to go out with 200k+ miles....but its been egr deleted, coolant filtered since about 175k

#29 ·
contractor at work had nearly 400,000 on his when she blow. pulled trailers it whole life. All interstate driving. two trans and a front end

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.