Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What would cause every cylinder to be low on compression?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  RLSCOAL 
#1 ·
So I have this issue with my truck I was driving it and it started smoking white thought my injectors went because it was skipping. I had to drive it home because of where I was no cell service and in the woods. got it home and smoke had increased all white and the engine was knocking. brought it to the dealer and they did some testing to it and came back and said it was low on compression on all cylinders I think 1 and 8 had the highest compression of the low 200's the rest where in the 100's low and high. they said it got dusted but i pulled the old turbo off 5k miles before it died and there was no indications of dusting. truck has 272xxx miles with mods below i was thinking it was a head gasket because they said there was coolant in the cylinders and the coolant level dropped some after this happened what do you all think?

#2 ·
bump

Any one have a guess??

#3 ·
or does anyone know where to start to diagnose this issue?

#4 ·
You put down less then 300hp with stage 2's?

#7 ·
yes unfortunately idk why might be something to with this issue i have

#5 ·
Sounds like a head gasket.. I mean they pointed out coolant in the cylinders and all cylinders are low and you have white smoke. While white smoke is usually assoc with injectors and raw fuel, it's also a symptom of a blown head gasket. If you have Diesel in your coolant overflow reservoir then it is an injector cup or two. But unlikely a cup due to your other symptoms.

I love the "ya dusted yer engine" WTF, the fact you have coolant in the cylinder is an automatic fix it before a compression test. Was that a Ford dealer?

#6 ·
ya it was a ford dealer but i dont think they work on diesels much they had to special buy a compression tester from snap-on

#8 ·
anyone ever done a head gasket? is it easier to pull the heads off inn the truck or pull the engine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.