Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

99 F550 7.3 PROBLEMS

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Myles_S 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 ford F550 power stroke and it will start on eather but dont like doing that as soon as it comes back to idle it shuts down and will not start again unless we use eather we just installed a new high presure pump and a new IPR valve my IPR is at 65% trying to start and my presure is only at 350 any one have any idea before I set it on fire I know it needs at least 500psi to start when it is runing my IPR is at 22% and presure at 700

#2 ·
To every one that read this and had no ideas I finley got tird of asking every one and getting no one that had any ideas so I tore into it my self and it is now fixed I ended up installing all the seals on all 8 injectors and that took care of the problem

#3 ·
glad you got it fixed, sometimes you just gotta dig in on your own, glad it worked out for you.

#4 ·
mine did the exact same thing, turned out to be blown headgaskets. glad you got yours running

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.