Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Knapheide PGNA flatbed

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  NutFarmer97 
#1 ·
Long story short the NH winters have finally infected the bed of my truck. I primarily use it for hauling firewood. I have done some research and decided that a new steel flatbed is my best option. My question is are any of you using or have any experience with, Knapheide flatbeds? I am planning on the PGNA gooseneck flatbed body. There are some options like; rear reciever, LED lighting and under body toolboxes. I would love some input or even some pics. It will be installed on a SRW F350. Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
We put a Knapheide on one of our farm trucks in 97. It started to rust pretty quick. I have no idea whether they painted or powdercoated them that long ago. If I was to buy another bed that wasn't a hay hauling bed it would either be a Hillsboro or a Bradford Built. They are both pretty dang good beds.

#4 ·
i have a pj on my 6.0 and it seems to be holding up well. my only suggestion would be to upgrade to led lights. also on something like a flatbed i dont like powder coating, it seems to chip where paint would only scratch. once it chips its over. with paint you can just rattle can it.
here is a pic of mine.

#5 ·

This an older one, but its a knapheide flatbed we got for like $100. We had another one before this one, but one of our workers tried to dump it with too heavy of a load and bent out the bottom. Otherwise we've had good luck with ours

#6 ·
Well I put in my request for the PGNB w/o lights in the headache rack LED upgrade and rear mount reciever. I should get the quote tomorrow or tuesday! Thanks for the input so far. Suban howmuch did you pay for that body if you don't mind me asking?

#7 ·
i paid 900 new. but i bought it from a buddy who dropped it when unloading at his lot and bent the rear steps. so im not much help on your price gauging

i recently priced a knapheide for my 6.4 dually and it was right around 3k if i remember correctly . i think youll be happy with it, no matter what it would be hard to get beat up too bad when buying a flat bed. at most a couple hundred bucks im sure

#8 ·
Wow $900! what a score

#10 ·
I just put this custom one on my truck that i found in a wrecking yard, picked it up for $300 and spent $1800 on rehab now i'm into it a little under $2200 and i love it

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.